We’re really looking forward to returning to Countryfile Live this year! It’s always a highlight of our calendar and we’ll be performing on all four days, so we hope to see lots of you there!
1st-4th August at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire – visit the official website here
We’ll be doing 4 or 5 dance sessions each day, including an early afternoon showcase performance of a variety of traditional dance styles, plus there’ll be loads of opportunities for you to join in with maypole and country dancing. Each maypole session starts with a short display from the mAy team, before we invite the public to join in with dances around the mega Countryfile Live maypole!
Check out the official timetable for our performance times, or follow us on twitter @themayteamdance for daily updates.
Our Countryfile Live top tips:
- Arrive early to beat the traffic!
- Don’t miss the dog and duck show (a mAy team favourite).
- Bring a reusable water bottle – there are free water refill points dotted around the site and if it’s a hot day you’ll need them!
- Enjoy a picnic lunch on the Village Green while you watch our traditional dance showcase – we’re performing at 1.15pm on Thursday, and 12.45pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Don’t forget to say hi to Pudsey at the Children In Need tent – you might also find him dancing round the maypole with us!
(These are not our 2019 performance times! Photo from 2017)